CWA members’ web pages
Most CWA members and associate members now have their own web sites, and many of these are listed below. This is not a list of members of the CWA: some do not have web pages and others have not yet asked us to list them.
Use the links below to jump direct to a name, or just scroll down the page to read the full list.
All these links are to the web pages of members and Associate members of the CWA only. There is no intention to provide links to others at present.
Follow this link for details of CWA membership.
(Names beginning Mc and Mac are all listed under Mac)
The following web sites belong to CWA associate members or are maintained by CWA members but have a broader scope than the individual:
- Diane Banks Associates
- A literary agency with a growing list of crime and thriller authors.
- Black Hill Books
- Specialist in vintage crime fiction books, run by Guy N Smith
- Caffeine Nights Publishing
- Produces crime and contemporary fiction in paperback, eBook, CD, mobile phone and other digital platforms. Their goal is to provide a new business model for publishing and for authors that is greener, more sustainable and profitable for authors.
- A large and well-established crime reviewing site run by Chris Simmons. See also their Twitter feed .
- Robin Jarossi’s site previewing the latest thrillers and crime shows coming to UK television from around the world. Also on Facebook.
- De Crime Compagnie
- Dutch publishing house, publishing only Crime Fiction, owned by CWA member Ilse Karman (in Dutch).
- is the number one readers’ website for crime fiction and thrillers in the Netherlands and Belgium (in Dutch). Chief editor Sander Verheijen is a CWA member.
- Deadly Diversions
- An award-winning website celebrating excellence in crime fiction, run by professional reviewer Jim Napier. Aimed at both readers and writers, it contains biographies of authors and links to their websites, Jim's own reviews and interviews, an explanation of major crime fiction genres, and an array of useful resources.
- Fiction Feedback
- A critiquing and editing service run by Dea Parkin.
- Flambard Press
- Margaret and Peter Lewis set up Flambard in 1990 as a small, independent press offering opportunities to new and neglected writers, especially in the North of England.
- Goldsboro Books
- Goldsboro Books are the UK’s largest specialist in first edition, signed books, having some 5000 first editions in stock, including a large range of crime.
- Gregory and Company Authors’ Agents
- Literary agency, owned by CWA member Jane Gregory. “We are known as the foremost agents for crime and thrillers although we handle many types of fiction and general non-fiction and our interests are wide-ranging.”
- Magna cum Murder
- The Mid-America Crime Writing Festival held in Muncie, Indiana.
- Mystery People
- UK based Mystery People was set up in 2012 by Lizzie Hayes following the discontinuation of the Mystery Women group. It continues Lizzie’s dedication to the promotion of crime fiction and in particular new authors. Everyone – both readers and writers – is welcome to join.
- James M. Pickard Rare Books
- A Leicester-based bookseller specialising in fine and rare editions of Ian Fleming, Leslie Charteris and highlights of Crime Fiction.
- Profusion Publishers
- Profusion publishes outstanding and popular crime writing from Eastern Europe. CWA member Mike Phillips is a co-director. More information on their blog, Facebook pages and Twitter feed.
- Site with thousands of reviews of mysteries and thrillers of all categories, and has more than 30 reviewers from the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia. CWA member Linda Wilson is the UK editor.
- The crime and thriller ezine: interviews, photographs, features and more, redesigned in February 2011 with a more user friendly system in mind and with regular content updates.
- Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival
- A major crime writing festival held in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, in July. Erica Morris, the Festival manager, is a CWA member and the festival features many CWA members.
- Whispering Buffalo
- Headed by Mariam Keen, Whispering Buffalo is a “young, vibrant literary agency … championing emerging talent, [which] is actively building its list and welcomes unsolicited submissions.”