CWA Membership Information
Why You Should Join
Are you a (published) crime writer, reviewer, editor or publisher? You should be (indeed you probably are) a member of Britain's only "club" for crime writers.
Membership brings you these benefits:
- To confirm your status as a crime writer
- To promote your books via this web site
- To publicise events at which you will be appearing
- To meet fellow writers on a social basis
- To meet agents, publishers and critics
- Access to a dedicated free tax helpline for members
- To take part in exclusive crime writing events
- To keep up to date with what's happening
- Because if you don't, you'll never know what you missed!
The Crime Writers' Association has four categories of membership.
- FULL MEMBERSHIP is limited to writers resident in the UK who have published at least one novel or non-fiction book with a crime theme; or published serials, short stories or feature articles with a crime theme, equivalent in total to a book-length work; or a feature film script or a number of shorter screenplays with a crime theme, approximating to a book-length work; or a full-length play with a crime theme, produced in the professional theatre; or radio or television scripts, which have been broadcast, and which approximate to a book-length work. Please note that your book must already have been published before you can join. A publisher's contract is not enough.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP is open to those who, in their profession or occupation, are associated with the genre - including publishers, editors, literary agents, crime reviewers, booksellers and those connected with the production of members' work, whether in print, on stage, in film, radio or television.
- OVERSEAS MEMBERSHIP is open to those resident outside the UK who fulfil the criteria for Full or Associate Membership.
- HONORARY MEMBERSHIP is limited to twelve people outside the above categories who are deemed worthy of such membership by the CWA Committee.
- Please note that 'Vanity' published or self-published works do not make you eligible for membership.
FULL MEMBERSHIP: £50.00 per annum.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: £65.00 per annum.
OVERSEAS MEMBERSHIP: £50.00 sterling or $100 (US) per annum.