The Debut Dagger Award
- Please read the full Terms & Conditions.
- You must not be a traditionally published author who has ever had a publishing contract for a full-length novel. (By traditionally published we mean a contract where you have made no financial contribution to publication). The work you submit can have been self-published. You must not have a contract with a literary agent by the closing date of the competition.
- Manuscript submissions must fall within the prescribed word count limit and not exceed it by even a few words. Manuscripts must not include the author’s name or contact details; only the title of the work. This will be allocated a unique CWA reference number. Entries which fail to meet these two conditions will not be eligible.
- The total word count of your submission, i.e. the novel opening and synopsis added together, excluding headings. This should not exceed 4,500 words.
- Manuscripts should ideally be 12pt, double or line-and-a-half spaced, in an easily readable font such as Times, Arial or Helvetica. Please insert page numbers.
Fields marked * are mandatory
Entries may be submitted at any time until 6pm GMT on 26 February 2021.
If you are not ready to submit your document, or want to make some final revisions you can submit your document here.