The Debut Dagger Award
If you paid earlier for your entry, please complete the form below to submit it.
Please make sure you have the PayPal Transaction ID which was emailed to you on your PayPal receipt when you paid for your entry.
- Read the full Rules carefully and ensure your entry complies. Remember, the eligibility rules have changed slightly for Debut Dagger 2022. It is the writer’s responsibility to ensure their entry does not break the rules.
- You must never have had a publishing contract for any work of fiction over 20,000 words at time of entry. If you enter and then get such a publishing contract, you must withdraw from the competition.
- You must not have had any work of fiction over 20,000 words available to the public in the last five years.
- You must not have a contract with a literary agent by the closing date of the competition.
- Manuscript submissions must fall within the prescribed word count limit of 4,500 including synopsis, excluding headings, and cannot exceed it by even a few words.
- Manuscripts must not include the author’s name or contact details, only the title.
- Both the novel opening and the synopsis must be submitted in the same file; novel opening first.
- Manuscripts should be 12pt, double or line-and-a-half spaced, in an easily readable font such as Times, Arial or Helvetica.
- Pages should be numbered.
- You must enter under your own name.
Entries may be submitted at any time until 6pm GMT on 28 February 2022.