Welcome to the CWA Margery Allingham Short Mystery Competition
If you previously paid for your entry, please fill in the form below to submit it.
Please make sure you have the PayPal Transaction ID which was emailed to you on your PayPal receipt when you paid for your entry.
- Manuscripts must fall within the prescribed word count limit and not exceed it by even a few words. Manuscripts must not include the author’s name or contact details, only the title of the work. Entries which fail to meet these two conditions will not be eligible.
- Manuscripts should preferably be 12pt, double or line-and-a-half spaced, in an easily readable font such as Times, Arial or Helvetica. We would prefer page numbers to be inserted.
- The Margery Allingham competition is open to all – both published and unpublished authors – and is for unpublished short stories of up to 3,500 words.
- By unpublished story we mean in any format, on any platform, in any language and at any time.
- The competition is open until 6pm GMT 26 February 2021.
- We advise writers to pay attention to Margery Allingham’s definition of a mystery and the chronology that it outlines. Scoring will be weighted towards stories that follow that chronology.