Paul Charles was born and raised in the Northern Irish countryside. He is the author of the acclaimed Detective Inspector Christy Kennedy series. The most recent title, A Pleasure To Do Death With You, is the 10th in the series. He is also the author of two Inspector Starrett Mysteries set in Donegal and a couple of music related novels, namely The First of the True Believers (2002), which uses the story of the Beatles as a backdrop and The Last Dance (2012) set in the legendary Irish Showband scene of the late 1950s and the early 1960s. Charles may be unique in that not only was he around in the sixties, but he also remembers the decade vividly.
The Lonesome Heart is Angry, a rural mystery set in the Ulster countryside of the 1960s, is published May 2014.
Books by Paul Charles
- The Lonesome Heart Is Angry
- I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass
- Last Boat To Camden Town
- Fountain of Sorrow
- The Hissing of the Silent Lonely Room
- The Justice Factory
- The Beautiful Sound of Silence
- The Dust Of Death
- Family Life
- The Ballad of Sean and Wilko (DI Christ Kennedy)
- I've Heard The Banshee Sing (DI Christ Kennedy)
- A Pleasure To Do Death With You (DI Christ Kennedy)