Helplines and discounts
CWA members enjoy a number of perks to help their day-to-day work and career, from a tax advice helpline to discounts on membership with sister organisations.
The CWA has a close working relationship with accountants HW Fisher, who have been advising authors for many years in matters of tax and finance. All CWA members may take advantage of a free initial consultation to discuss their tax and accounting affairs with one of HW Fisher’s experts.
We also invite members to use and participate in our unique Ask an Expert network, where they can pick the brains of their fellow authors on subjects in which they have expertise. All members are invited to offer advice in their specialist areas.
CWA Members also save money with other offers, including those the CWA negotiates on their behalf, such as:
- CWA Daggers: members’ works receive a discount on the cost of nomination. Members can also buy tickets to the annual Daggers awards ceremony and dinner for a reduced price
- CrimeFest: buy weekend passes for a reduced price
- Bloody Scotland conference: buy festival tickets for a reduced price
- Society of Authors: discount on your first year of membership (SoA membership also includes access to a dedicated author contracts helpline)
- Crime Writers of Canada: discount on your first year of membership
- Historical Writers’ Association: discount on your first year of membership
Join the CWA
Become part of a thriving community of successful crime writers with invaluable support, expertise and marketing opportunities for all our members.
Advertise with us