Judith Cutler is the author of over thirty novels, including several series. Most feature feisty women protagonists, such as Fran Harman, Lina Townend and newcomer Jodie Welsh, though their ranks have been joined by Tobias Campion, a shy Regency clergyman. Her short stories have been broadcast and published in many magazines and anthologies. She has been shortlisted for the Crime Writers’ Association Short Story Dagger.
One-time Secretary of the Crime Writers’ Association, Judith has taught Creative Writing at Birmingham University, and has run occasional writing courses elsewhere (including a maximum security prison and an idyllic Greek island).
She and her husband, fellow crime-writer Edward Marston, have formed a critically acclaimed duo called Murder, Ancient and Modern, which has performed widely in the UK and in other parts of the world.
Critical Quarterly Short Story prize; Birmingham University Short Story prize
Books by Judith Cutler
- Life Sentence (Fran Harman Mystery)
- Cold Pursuit (Fran Harman Mystery)
- Still Waters (Fran Harman Mystery)
- Burying The Past (Fran Harman Mystery)
- Double Fault (Fran Harman Mystery)
- Drawing The Line (Lina Townend series)
- Silver Guilt (Lina Townend series)
- Ring of Guilt (Lina Townend series)
- Guilty Pleasures (Lina Townend series)
- Guilt Trip (Lina Townend series)
- Guilt Edged (Lina Townend series)