Karen Lee Street
KAREN LEE STREET is a British/ American dual national, a long-time Londoner currently living in Australia.
Her historical mystery trilogy pairs master of the macabre Edgar Allan Poe with ur-detective C. Auguste Dupin. In Edgar Allan Poe and the London Monster (2016), set in London 1840, Dupin helps Poe unravel a family mystery linked to the historical late eighteenth century villain the London Monster. Edgar Allan Poe and the Jewel of Peru (2018) takes place against a backdrop of the Nativist riots in Philadelphia 1844 and involves ornithomancy, a determined female taxidermist from Hackney and the legendary jewel of Peru. Edgar Allan Poe and the Empire of the Dead (2019) is a mystery of alchemy, mesmerism and magic in which the sleuthing duo pursue a criminal with seemingly infernal powers above and below Paris in 1849.
Karen has extensive experience in screenwriting training and as a script development executive in the European film industry. She was awarded a PhD in Writing from the University of South Wales and her other publications include a number of commissioned screenplays, Writing & Selling Crime Film Screenplays, and Tattoos and Motorcycles, a collection of interconnected short stories that centre on a crime.
Books by Karen Lee Street
- Edgar Allan Poe and The London Monster (Point Blank)
- Writing and Selling: Crime Film Screenplays (Creative Essentials)
- Tattoos and Motorcycles
- Edgar Allan Poe and the Jewel of Peru (pbk)
- Edgar Allan Poe and the Empire of the Dead (pb)
- Edgar Allan Poe and the Empire of the Dead (hardback)
- Edgar Allan Poe and the Jewel of Peru (hardback)
- Edgar Allan Poe and the London Monster (hardback)