You are here:
J. J. WHITE has had articles and stories published in several anthologies and magazines including, Pithead Chapel, Wordsmith, The Homestead Review, The Seven Hills Review, Bacopa Review, and The Grey Sparrow Journal. His story, “The Adventure of the Nine Hole League,” was published in the Sherlock Holmes Mystery Magazine, Volume 13. His story “The Case of the Burnt Wires” was published in the October 2020 edition of Mystery Weekly Magazine. His short stories: “Lucky Bastard Club” and “Maybe” were published in the Saturday Evening Post, 2016 and 2018 anthologies, respectively. His novels, Prodigious Savant, Deviant Acts, and Nisei were published by Black Opal Books. He was nominated for the Pushcart Prize for his short piece, “Tour Bus.” He recently won the St. Martin’s Press, “Who Can You Trust” Short Story Competition with his short story, “In Nobody We Trust,” which was published in the back of the paperback edition of Charles Cumming’s spy thriller, A Divided Spy. His works were shortlisted in the Margery Allingham Short Story and the American Short Fiction Competitions. He recently placed second in the Larry Brown Short Story competition with his piece, “Invisible.” His story, “Of Life and Death and Life” won the SCWG Short Story Competition. He lives in Merritt Island, Florida with his understanding wife and editor, Pamela.
- CWA Debut Dagger - Longlisted
- First Place Honorable Mention, 2007 CNW/FFWA Florida State Writing Competition, “The Iron Hoop.”
- First Place Poetry, “Sarah’s Dinner” Proteus Review Poetry Contest, May 2007
- First Place Poetry (Published), “Sarah’s Dinner” 2007 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- First Place Flash Fiction (Published), “Miguel” 2007 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- First Place Short Story (Published), “The Writer” 2008 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- Second Place Mainstream Novel,“Prodigious Savant” 2009 Maryland Writers Novel Competition
- Santa Barbara Writers Conference’s National Writing Contest – Finalist “The Foxhole.”
- Honorable Mention, 2009 CNW/FFWA Florida State Writing Competition, “Muse Janet.”
- Second Place Fiction,“The Execution of Claude Pictor” 2009 Prescott Arizona Professional Writer’s Annual Competition
- Second Place Fiction,“Muse Janet” 2009 Prescott Arizona Professional Writer’s Annual Competition
- Writer’s Digest 78th Annual writing competition Honorable Mention “The Foxhole“
- First Place Mainstream Novel”Prodigious Savant” 2009 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- Honorable Mention Flash Fiction ” Talonfire” 2009 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- Honorable Mention “Prodigious Savant” 2010 WordHustler Ink Novel Competition
- Pulse Magazine – July 2010 issue- First page of novel, Prayer Offerings
- Prayer Offerings -Killer Nashville Claymore Dagger Award, Finalist
- Finalist ” Grackle Trap” 2010 California Coast Awards
- Third Place Mystery Novel,“Prayer Offerings” 2011 Maryland Writers Novel Competition
- First Place Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Novel,“Prayer Offerings” 2011 Tampa Writers Alliance Competition
- Second Place Honorable Mention, 2011 Writers/Editors Network International Writing Competition, “Cutter.”
- Third Place Novel,“Nisei” 2011 Knoxville Writers Guild Competition
- Writer’s Digest 79th Annual writing competition Honorable Mention “Against The Dying of The Light“
- First Place Flash Fiction (Published), “Christmas Morning” 2011 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- First Place Children’s Picture Book “Beatrice and the Best Birthday Present Ever” 2011 Royal Palm Literary Awards
- Honorable Mention, Grackle Trap, Seven Hills Review 2011
- First Place, The Christmas Tree, Missouri Writers Guild, Saturday Writers 2011
- Writer’s Digest Crime Story Competition Honorable Mention 2012, Butterfly Tattoo.
- Second Place , 2012 Writers/Editors Network International Writing Competition, Short Story “Beneath The Wintry Sky.”
- First Place, Flash Fiction, Grey Sparrow Fiction Competition, 2012.
- Second Place Fiction , “A Lesson The Length Of A Lifetime” 2012 Royal Palm Literary Awards.
- Second Place Historical Fiction, “Nisei” 2012 Royal Palm Literary Awards.
- Honorable Mention, “Beneath The Wintry Sky” 2012 Oregon Writers Colony Contest.
- Nominated for Pushcart Prize 2013
- American Literary Merit Award 2013
- Second Place in the Mainstream/Literary Novel category of Southwest Writer’s 31st annual contest for Nisei. 2013
- Dishonorable Mention Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Competition (Romance). 2013
- Writer’s Digest Popular Fiction Competition Honorable Mention 2014,
- Honorable Mention, Deviant Acts, Sabal, Best of- Dennis LeHane’s Writer’s in Paradise Workshop 2014
- First Place Columbus Creative Cooperative 2014 Great Novel Competition–Nisei
- Finalist –Writer’s Village Short Story Competition-London UK
- Finalist and Honorable Mention, The Lucky Bastard Club, The Saturday Evening Post Great American Fiction Contest 2016
- First Place in the “Who Can You Trust Contest” 2017 St. Martins Press (Includes publication in Charles Cumming’s book, A Divided Spy
- Longlisted Finalist in the Margery Allingham Short Story Competition. 2017 THE CASE OF THE BURNED WIRES.
Books by J.J White
Death’s Twisted Tales
Join the CWA
Become part of a thriving community of successful crime writers with invaluable support, expertise and marketing opportunities for all our members.
Advertise with us