The support we provide to our author members is the most direct way in which we support crime writing. By helping hundreds of writers to promote their work, and to gain awareness and sometimes acclaim for it, we make a positive difference to individual careers and raise the profile of crime writing in our literary culture.
The CWA works hard to promote crime writing as a genre and support crime writers to promote their work.
We do this by various means.
- The Daggers, awarded for the best crime writing every year
- The Crime Readers’ Association, with a website and communications that promote our author members’ work
- Holding competitions that raise the profile of crime writing, crime writers and the CWA
- Liaising with libraries, booksellers and festivals to promote crime writers
- Holding our own crime-writing events, with participating authors
- Using social media platforms to promote the CWA and author members’ work
- Our Find A Book/Author facility enabling readers to discover authors and their books
Find an author
Join the CWA
Become part of a thriving community of successful crime writers with invaluable support, expertise and marketing opportunities for all our members.
Advertise with us